-ASICS® Accelerates Hope in Fight Against Breast Cancer With Dedicated Pink Collection-
IRVINE,CA,October 1,2014 – This fall, ASICS® America enters another knock out round in its continued fight against breast cancer with its third annual partnership pink collection benefitting Christina Applegate’s Right Action for Women (RAW), which provides screening assistance to women at increased risk for breast cancer. Featuring an expanded line of footwear, apparel and accessory items, the ASICS® Right Action for Women collection is ASICS®’ longest-running charity program under their Accelerate Hope Collection™. Thanks to successful partnerships with ASICS® America Corporation in 2012 and 2013, Right Action for Women continues to remove the financial barriers many women face when accessing costly advanced breast screening services. The RAW program has grown six-fold since its inception in 2009.
With a renewed commitment to the fight against breast cancer, ASICS® America Corporation has grown its RAW partnership to include even more apparel items and one of ASICS®’ most popular running footwear for men, women and kids, the GT-1000™ 3, in the signature BCA pink, on store shelves this October. This year, ASICS® America has guaranteed a minimum donation of $100,000 up to $150,000 to Right Action for Women from the specially marked products made available at retail stores nationwide and at www.asicsamerica.com.
“At ASICS®, we are all about taking action and facing challenges head-on,” commented Shannon Scott, Senior Director of Marketing at ASICS® America Corporation. “Christina Applegate and Right Action for Women continues to engage women about understanding breast cancer risk, and is the epitome of ASICS®’ effort to accelerate hope in the fight against breast cancer. We’re proud to line our store shelves in October with pink products that not only help people show their support for the cause but financially support the women who are faced with increased risk for breast cancer.”
Available throughout the month of October, items within the ASICS® Accelerate Hope Collection benefitting Right Action for Women include:
- GT-1000™ 3 PR running footwear – Available for Men, Women and Children in Black/Pink and White/Pink, this third iteration of the GT-1000™ elevates the series to a new echelon of technical performance. Now proudly designed with Impact Guidance System™, the bouncy SpEVA® Midsole has been re-engineered to be more protective and cushioned while the DUOMAX® Support System and GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC™ provide excellent support for mild to moderate overpronators. (MSRP $100 Adult, MSRP $65 Kids)
- NEW Men’s Tilted Spiral™ Tech Tee – The ASICS® spiral alongside ribbons in pink share the hope that someday everyone can experience ASICS®’ philosophy of A sound mind in a sound body. Available in Heather Grey (MSRP $32)
- NEW Women’s Paint My Heart™ Tech Tee – This lightweight, quick-dry tech tee with paint splattered hearts in pink spread the love and hope with the Accelerate Hope™ message. Available in Pink (MSRP $32)
- NEW Men’s and Women’s Floating Ribbons™ Tee – ASICS® quick-dry tech tee becomes an inspiring message of hope with floating ribbons in pink. Available in Black for Men and Pink for Women (MSRP $32)
- Women’s PR™ Runbrief – Stay inspired to keep running for the cause in lightweight, seamless chafe-free comfort. Available in Knockout Pink (MSRP $22)
- Quick Lyte® Cushion Single Tab Sock – An ASICS® favorite, this sock is now available with lightweight cushioning in high impact areas. The ride is buttery
soft with a little extra padding for runners who craves cushioning. The pink ribbon signifies ASICS®’ support of breast cancer awareness and research. Available in Black Assorted or Pink Assorted (MSRP $14) After receiving her own breast cancer diagnosis in 2008, award-winning actress Christina Applegate created Right Action for Women to educate women about what it means to be at “increased risk” for breast cancer. Right Action for Women provides aid to individuals who are at increased risk for breast cancer and do not have insurance or the financial flexibility to cover the high costs associated with breast screenings.
“Understanding a woman’s risk for breast cancer and to be proactive in accessing cancer screenings underscores the mission of Right Action for Women and our programs," said Applegate. “I am honored that ASICS® America continues to support Right Action for Women through its Breast Cancer Awareness Collection™. Their commitment to the cause will allow us to help even more women this year.”
ASICS®’ Right Action for Women collection is the second of the brand’s three 2014 fall charity initiatives, Accelerate Hope™. In September and November, ASICS® will launch two additional collections to benefit Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, and the Prostate Cancer Foundation, respectively. For more information on ASICS® AMERICA and the ASICS® Accelerate Hope Collection™ please visit www.asicsamerica.com and follow the brand on Twitter at @ASICSAmerica.
About ASICS® Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS® is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 60 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of running shoes, as well as, other athletic footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.asics.com.
About Right Action for Women Right Action for Women (RAW) was established in 2008 by award-winning actress Christina Applegate, following her own personal journey through breast cancer. Applegate created RAW to encourage young women to understand what it means to be at an increased risk for breast cancer, and to provide assistance to access advanced breast cancer screening. Right Action for Women is a sponsored program of New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. For more information, please visit www.rightactionforwomen.org.