- Second Annual Partnership Supports Preventative Screenings for Women at Increased Risk for Breast Cancer -
IRVINE, CA, September 26, 2013 – This October, ASICS® America strengthens its ongoing support against breast cancer by joining forces for a second consecutive year with Christina Applegate’s Right Action for Women, which provides assistance to women at increased risk for breast cancer. Featuring four of ASICS®’s most popular footwear and apparel items in signature pink, the new 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Collection embodies ASICS®’ founding mission of “Anima Sana in Corpore Sano”, a Latin phrase which roughly translates to “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body.” Thanks to a successful partnership with ASICS® America in 2012, Right Action for Women increased its assistance for MRI screenings six-fold from 2011 to 2012. Additionally, over the past two years, Right Action for Women has enrolled hundreds of women into its Financial Assistance Program, to help eliminate the financial barrier that these women face when accessing MRI screenings.
For the 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Collection, ASICS® has revamped its products, offering the latest GT-1000™ 2 performance running footwear for men, women and children in an electric pink color. ASICS® has guaranteed a minimum donation of $100,000 (and up to $125,000) to Right Action for Women from the specially marked products now available at retail stores nationwide and at http://www.asicsamerica.com.
“Together, ASICS® and Right Action for Women hope to encourage all women to celebrate a strong, healthy and vibrant lifestyle while bringing attention to an important cause,” commented Shannon Scott, Director of Marketing at ASICS® America. “Once again, ASICS® is proud to partner with Christina Applegate’s Right Action for Women while upholding our brand mission and celebrating the continued fight against breast cancer.”
Available throughout the month of October, items within the ASICS® Breast Cancer Awareness Collection benefitting Right Action for Women including:
- GT-1000™ 2 PR running footwear – The latest generation of the GT-1000™ Series gets an energetic update, including more Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning and a sleek new upper. The additions of full-length SpEVA® 55 lasting and full blown rubber outsole provide mild to moderate overpronators an extra boost of comfort to the beloved bouncy ride. (MSRP $100)
- GT-1000™ GS 2 PR running footwear (kids) – This exciting new update of the GT-1000™ GS PR provides excellent cushioning and a stable platform, thanks to DuoMax® Support and Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning. Built to be comfortable, durable, and fun. (MSRP $65.00)
- Pink Ribbon Nimbus Classic LC sock – This classic features the high-density cushioning that feels like a cloud under your feet with a pink ribbon signifying ASICS®’ support of breast cancer awareness and research. (MSRP $9.00)
- The Smuggler™ Bra – Provides soft, seamless comfort, removable cups for shaping and a pink ribbon signifying ASICS®’ support for breast cancer awareness and research. (MSRP $42.00)
- After receiving her own breast cancer diagnosis in 2008, award-winning actress Christina Applegate created Right Action for Women to share her story and educate women about what it means to be at “increased risk” for breast cancer.
“Early detection is an issue that we cannot afford to overlook," said Applegate. “I am honored that ASICS® is supporting Right Action for Women again this year with a second Breast Cancer Awareness Collection. Through our collaboration, I know we will be able to help even more women this year.”
Today, more than 250,000 women under the age of 40 in the U.S. are breast cancer survivors. Early detection is often crucial for women to prevent the devastating effects of this disease. Through education and financial assistance, Right Action for Women encourages women to speak with their medical care providers and gain greater access to breast cancer screenings.
The ASICS® Breast Cancer Collection is part of the brand’s 2013 Accelerate Hope Collection. For the month of September, ASICS® launched its Pediatric Cancer Awareness collection benefiting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. In November, ASICS® will release its third and final cancer awareness collection to benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation. For more information on ASICS® AMERICA and the ASICS® Accelerate Hope Collection please visit www.asicsamerica.com and follow the brand on Twitter at @ASICSAmerica. Be sure to be on the lookout for the #AsicsBCA hashtag on social media channels this October.
Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS® is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 60 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of performance athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.asics.com.
About Right Action for Women
Right Action for Women was established in 2008 by award-winning actress Christina Applegate, as a charitable services fund of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, Hollywood’s leading 501(c)(3) organization. After receiving her breast cancer diagnosis, Applegate created the fund to encourage young women to understand what it means to be at an increased risk for breast cancer and the importance of appropriate breast screening. Right Action for Women supports programs that help remove the financial obstacles that many individuals face when accessing breast cancer screenings. Right Action for Women is now a sponsored program of New Venture Fund.